Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Eve Fun!

On Christmas Eve, the girls and I got to stay in our jammies and have a chill day at home until about 3pm. Daddy had to work all day and didn't get home until almost 8. :(

I didn't do much baking this year, but I did have the girls make these easy turtles that I found on ourbestbites.com . The little ones (Kaylin helped, peel the wrappers off the candy, and then took off to watch cartoons!) put the pretzels and Rollo's on the baking sheets...

and after I took them out of the oven, Haley pressed the pecans and M&M's in. Super easy, and Oh.So.Good!
We finally got dressed and headed over to my sister, Andria's house to make cookies for Santa and eat dinner. This was round two, I didn't get a picture of the first round of kids decorating cookies. :(
My sister, Robin, made a huge batch of sugar cookies for all the kids to decorate. Thank you, Auntie Robin!

We are very fortunate that my kids besties are my brother-in-law, Van's (my sister, Andria's husband) great niece's. His niece is one of my besties, Sheree. This means that we get to see each other on holiday's too! Isa and Kay are super silly with their bunny ears!
Nana and Em are also besties and can't seem to get enough of each other! They play so well and giggle the entire time they are together!

My oldest Haley, and Sheree's sister, Gabby have become pretty close. They text each other and look forward to the time that they get to spend together. They live about 30 minutes South of us, so they see each other at birthdays and holidays. Thanks to Sheree, and Andria for helping to get them together. It means a lot to Haley!
The boys (my nephew Luc, and Gabby and Sheree's younger brother, Tyler) were trying to make them laugh. I guess when you are the oldest (at home) you get used to ignoring the younger ones.
Haley was very lucky and got to give baby Kaydalin a bottle. She is the youngest in the family and is the daughter of J.J., who is Sheree, Gabby, and Tyler's brother, and my bro in-law's nephew. I know it is confusing!

Just before the G6 left to their next party, we got all the kids together for a group photo. Their are 15 kids total sitting in the pic, so we couldn't really get everyone to look. I took this pic right before Madi (the G6's youngest) made a run for it.
This was the only time we say Pay, Livi, and Dev. They were upstairs in the playroom almost the entire night, so no pics of just them.
I wish I had taken a pic of the food. My sisters and Mom made gumbo, pecan catfish, and my fave baked breaded chicken. It was super yummy! Thanks L4 for hosting!

2 comments:

Sheree said...

it was so fun! wow, we are confusing - aren't we? HA! :) i love being with all of you on the holidays!

Anonymous said...

So much fun, what a big family you have.