Emma started going to Chess Club a little over a month ago. She had been interested in it for quite some time as it is a game that her Dad plays with Haley. Me, I do not know anything about Chess. My Dad and I played backgammon while I was growing up. (hee! hee!)
Em's bestie, (Nana of the G6) is also in Chess Club. In fact her Mom, Sheree, runs it at our school! Last week, I offered to fill in for her so that I could check it out, and I'm so glad I finally got to see what it's all about! Em loves this game. She is still a beginner, but she loves to strategize and is enjoying learning. She is finally able to play against Nana! (They were both happy to pose for a quick picture!) It is taught by Coach Hristo from Chess4Life and the game is taken very seriously.
Pay, Dev, and his big sis Isa, came along with me. The classroom has a whole corner dedicated to Lego toys so they were entertained very well during the hour. (Thanks for helping, Isa!)
I'm so glad that Sheree brought this program to our school! Surprisingly there are many girls and boys of all ages who are enjoying it!
Thanks Sheree!
4 comments:
thank YOU! you are awesome for taking over for me. :) i SO appreciative for you!
i do love the legos...i wonder how often they sanitize. okay, let's NOT think of that!
i love chess club. thanks for letting me hang with you, Denise!
-Sheree,I doubt they ever sanatize those things! Yuck! I purelled the kids after they played with them!
-Isa, you are the best helper! Thank you!
why thank you!!!!
Post a Comment