A couple weeks ago, Dao's sis, Goo Goo (Auntie) Xuan and her boyfriend, Dan, came over and brought some crafty goodies. I totally forgot the name of the clay they used, but you shape it up and bake it. The girls were so excited!

Even Ye-Ye (Grandpa) got into it. He made some fancy flowers.

Dan teaching some different techniques. :)

Some of the creations that everyone made. Please notice the lightsabers and penguin theme.

Dan and Xuan are so cute. They made these little penguins. Xuan made the big one and Dan made the little one (notice the Kanye glasses). Dan tied them together, and made them into a necklace. Thanks Goo Goo Xuan and Dan! We love you!
Turkey Day
The bird.
My Mom does the turkey every year, and it never fails to be delicious.

The BEST gravy EVER!!!

Dao does 10 lbs of potatoes every year! They are super creamy. I think Kaylin eats about 5 lbs of it during the week. She can't get enough.

Dan made this super yummy dish of brussel sprouts and apples it was so good. I have never liked brussel sprouts before, but this was so good!

Stuffing.
Straight from the bird.

Auntie Robin's Sweet Potato's. Yummy!

Dishing up.

Round one for Xuan!
Emma wanted to get dressed up so bad. We didn't eat until 5pm, and I told her she had to wait until 4pm to get dressed up. Poor thing asked every 5 minutes if it was time to get dressed. She loves to get fancied up.

After we were full and the turkey hangover was kicking in, we put on an episode of
Glee. Goo-Goo Xuan, Dan, and Goo-Goo Linh had never seen an episode! Everyone cuddled up on the couch, to watch. Good times. :)
Goo-Goo B and Uncle Rob were in Europe on their honeymoon (for 3 weeks!) and were missed this year!
2 comments:
I LOVE THIS POST! damn, i really missed out on turkey day this year. your food looked SO nummy. i want to try the brussel sprout delight - YUM.
Looks like a lot of yummy fun. I'm curious about the brussel sprouts too. I've never been a fan, but maybe with enough sugar and other ingredients to cover the flavor and texture I could eat them:)
How's it going with the PW cookbook? did you make anything yet? I'm addicted to her Pico de Gallo and I usually don't even like raw onions. Happy cooking!
Post a Comment