Wednesday, December 23, 2009

No School=Lazy Day

Winter break started on Monday and I had planned on the girls and I sleeping in and staying in our jammies all day. Well on Sunday, Kaylin came to me and said she really wanted to spend some time with one of her besties, Bridget. She doesn't ask for play dates very often, so I couldn't say no.
These two have been friends since they were 3 years old and in pre-school together. They have had every class together since, that is until this year. Bridget is in a class that is down the hall from Kaylin, and they only have one recess together, so they don't get to see each other as much as they used to. We try to get them together every other week or so, but it doesn't always work out.
They are so funny! They had all these activities planned for the day, like having a tea party (one of their fave things to do here), but once they started playing Wii sport, they were having way to much fun to stop! Poor Bridget, got Wiiitis from playing tennis for so long. I had to tell her parents that she might need some ibuprofen! They played so hard they were sweating! I love the Wii can get the kids so active, especially when it rains so much here in the Pacific Northwest!

The little sisters spent the entire day in their jammies and played barbies. With Emma in school full time this year, they don't get to have very much time for imaginative play. They are only 19 months apart, and love to play together when they can.

Big sis stayed in her jammies too. She spent the day getting caught up on all of her emails and Facebook games.
I love having my girls home! The best is on days where we don't have any commitments and can just do whatever we feel like. These are my favorite kind of days!

2 comments:

Sheree said...

me too!! i love that about each other - we can call each other and say it's a lazy day and we both know what that means! LOL!

i love your kids. :)

chefamily said...

@Sheree-So true, my friend!