Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas 2009

Every Christmas, the girls wake up at like 6am, shaking with excitement. They come to our room one by one and get on the bed while saying "Merry Christmas! Can we go see if Santa came?". Husband and I make them wait while we get ready to go downstairs, and then we all go down together. Except, for some reason this year, Kaylin decided that we told her not to wake us??? What!! Why in the world would we be so cruel and make them wait?? We did not tell her that, and we are thinking she had a dream about it or something.
Anyway, at 7:30am, little Payton comes in our room and asks to go downstairs. My first thought is that they were so tired from the Christmas Eve festivities that they actually slept in. I mean, it was super quiet downstairs. So I wake up husband, and we start heading down. The other girls doors are closed so I was thinking it was true, but as soon as I rounded the corner to the family room, I see the other three cuddled up, quietly watching TV. They were so excited to see us and begged to start on their stockings. Apparently, Kaylin shared with them that they were not to wake us, and therefore, they didn't.
Now I know most parents would be happy to sleep in a bit more, but husband and I were truly sad that we didn't get to see the look on their faces when they saw that Santa came and brought gifts!

Well the rest of the morning went along as planned, and the girls were very excited to "finally" go through their stockings and open their gifts from Santa and Mom and Dad. They exchange their gifts to each other on Christmas Eve.

As soon as they were done, husband decided he needed to go try his new (little) ramp I had bought him. It was freezing cold and icy, but he couldn't resist the temptation.

The rest of the family started arriving around 4pm, and the Wii is always a big hit to kill the time until we eat (and after). Luc, Dan, Haley, and Brian were really into a game of Wii tennis. So much so that while serving the ball, Dan (who is the tallest in the fam) hit the ceiling with the Wii remote! I should tell you that Dan's arms are tatted out by the kids and their new markers!


Goo-Goo B, let the kids go to town, putting Tattoos all over her. Check out her legs! Goo-Goo's Linh and Xuan were the same. I wish I took a picture with you all together showing your fabulous tattoos! Dang it!

Kaylin made little toe families, so I made them all smile and say "cheese!".

Tito Rob, decided to pass the time in with the new bop it that Haley got for Christmas.

After an amazing dinner of Turkey, ham, chicken adobo, shrimp, pasta, and more, we finally settled down to open presents. Tito Rob (Apparently he insisted on getting his own gift for us!), got the fam DJ Hero! We all went crazy with excitement! Especially, Dao!

Emma with her new, Bella and Edward barbies. Thanks Grandma! She loves them!

Pay and Livi, playing with pays new Zhu-Zhu pets. They played with them for a couple of hours!

Pay, modeling her new necklace from Grandma.

The DJ Hero was opened immediately and Dao was the first to take a turn. Can you see my sister, Andria's hand behind Rob? I think she was trying to be sneaky and take a pic of them without getting in any of my pictures!

One of the most entertaining activities of the night was the balloon animal kit that Dan got from B and Rob. He cracked it open and everyone started making light sabers, dogs, swans and beautiful hats like the one that Brian is wearing. Umm...Is that the "blue Steel" look from zoolander? haha!

Then it was on to dessert. Xuan made these pretty and delicious cupcakes with peppermint frosting.

B made some yummy carrot cake cupcakes with maple candies on top. My Mom made, a couple different kinds of fudge, and we had all kinds of cookies, and chocolate covered pretzels (Thanks Luc and Livi for sharing your yummy pretzels that you made with us!).

I think everyone left at almost 11pm and it was so lovely to chill at home with the family all day.

We are very blessed to have such a fun and loving family. Thank you all! We love you!

1 comments:

Sheree said...

dude, those cupcakes with the peppermint frosting look A-MAZING! yum. yum.