Here is my group of kiddos, Kaylin, Emma, Rami, and Lucas. After this pic, we headed out for our scavenger hunt. We had to try to find things like birds nests, garbage, berries, and bones. I am very greatful that we did not find any bones. Yuck!
Next up we learned about composting! My girls and I were very excited about this because we just got our first compost bin from Sheree. Her neighbor was giving one away, and since she already had one, she was very nice and gave it to us. In the words of Pay "Thanks Sa-wee!".
The kids got to move the leaves from bin to bin and then move the most composted stuff to a new location with a wheelbarrow. Then they carried the hose over to water.
After watering, they covered it all with burlap bags to protect it.
Here is the entire class posing for all of us parents. I hope I get to go on more field trips with them this year!
2 comments:
very fun! i love the tilth...it's such a fun place for the kids!
and you welcome, C6!
What a fun field trip. I miss the seasons, i bet it smelled so green and nice :)
Post a Comment