Saturday, November 7, 2009

Halloween

Photobucket
I bought this craft foam set for the girls to make Halloween finger puppets...

Photobucket
But, they had to be hot glued together before they could decorate them! It only said on the inside of the package! Ugh! I had to spend an hour hot gluing and then wait for them to dry! So much for a quick and easy holiday craft. What a pain in the butt!



Photobucket
I made some cupcakes, but because Haley was sick with the stomach flu, I couldn't share them with the soccer team. Wouldn't want to get anyone sick.


Photobucket
I also tried to make these from ourbestbites.com (one of my fav food blogs).



Photobucket
Only, they did not turn out as cute. :( I used white chocolate chips instead of almond bark. Oh well, they tasted yummy though!



Photobucket
This year, Kaylin wanted to be Dorithy from the Wizard of Oz. She had been talking about since her birthday in March! She asked her grandma (my Mom) if she could make the costume for her. Lucky for her, grandma can sew!


Photobucket

Here it is all done! We think Grandma did a fantastic job! (Thanks Mom!)


Photobucket

Dao took the girls out while I stayed home to hand out candy to the trick-or-treaters. This was a first for us. We usually turn out the lights and head out together. I was more than willing to stay in the nice warm house to hand out candy to the 20 or so kiddos that stopped by. I did make them pose for a picture before they headed out the door. I was happy with this one, but....


Photobucket
they wanted to do one with silly/crazy faces. Husband added the blood and gore to his mask. (It glows in the dark.)

Photobucket
We can't forget our little Mushu pumpkin!

This was the first year that we didn't have a princess on Halloween. It actually brought me to tears when I realized this! My girls are growing to fast!

3 comments:

Sheree said...

where'd my comment go? wtfreak? well, as usual the C6 is super fun to be with during this halloween season. sad, we missed on trick or treating with you all BUT glad haley felt well enough to go!!

CalleLillyCafe said...

Love the costumes! Great job Grandma! Whoohoo!

Anonymous said...

What an adorable family! How fun to have four girls so close in age!