Friday, June 18, 2010

Third Year Party

At our school, we have Kindergarten, Primary centers (which are for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade students), Intermediate (for 4th, 5th, and 6th graders) and Middle School (7th & 8th grade). At the end of the Third year, a party is thrown at a local pool to celebrate completion of the Primary years.

At the party the kids start off with a "mixer" where the kids have to answer certain questions on a piece of paper by finding kids who have the same birthday as you, or have blue eyes, etc... They are not allowed to ask the same student twice, they can not ask someone they know, and they can not ask adults. The party and mixer are designed for the kids to get to know each other in the hopes of them starting new friendships in their new classes for Intermediate.

Ummm...ya. I have four kids, and the only way I can go to the pool with them all, is to have them (not the oldest anymore) where life jackets. They have had lessons, but I guess I am a little uncomfortable with them just floating around with out their safety vests. Well, Kaylin was one of the only kids who wore a life jacket at the party, and it was a bit of a wake up call for me. I need to let go and let her swim and float on her own, especially when she can touch the ground!

Cousin Luc is like a fish in the water. He had just gotten in and I asked him to turn for a picture. He was about to do the peace signs, but I took the pic too soon, and it looks like he is doing quotations! haha!

This is such an exciting right of passage for these youngsters! Just one of the many things that I love about our school!

2 comments:

Sheree said...

OMG. can't believe she's a 3rd grader heading into 4th. and haley is going to be a 7th grader, just unreal is what it is.

congrats to kaylin! she is an amazing young lady and is one of the most compassionate people we know, be proud parents!

isa's so excited to share a recess with HER! :)

Isa said...

kaylin is AWESOME and im excited to have resess with her. mommy is right. and my mommy makes me wear lifevests too kaylin. i feel your pain!!!!