We spent our last day of winter break chillaxing at home. The kids wanted to pull out all of their new art supplies that they got from their Aunties, so I designated it "Art Day with Daddy"! Dao, his Dad, and sisters are super artistic. My family...not so much. So I usually have the kids go to Daddy for guidance, since I have no clue what I'm doing.
The girls pulled out their new easels, paints, and chalks and got to work.
They take art very seriously. Part of this is because they see the things that their Daddy and Aunties have created and they want to do the same.
Kaylin sketched lightly with pencil first.
Then used acrylic paints.
She is working on her brush strokes and mixing colors. Here is her sunset that she finished. I love it!
Haley is using Daddies favorite charcoals.
Em did charcoal and then opted for some good old water colors. She got two paper cuts that morning! :(
Pay started with these cool squeeze paints, but kept squeezing out to much paint.
So she switched it up and started using a brush. The paper was super wet!
Haley also traced first, then used acrylics. Her last stand up easel broke, so she was super excited to get a new one for Christmas. Thanks Auntie Andria!
My girls could do art all day, every day. They have always enjoyed it, and I hope they never lose their love for it!
P.S. Dear Goo-Goo's, Thank you for all the new art supplies! They are ready and excited to have their art lessons with you!
P.P.S. Why do I not have any pictures of the Daddy?? Oops!
3 comments:
you artsy little family! that is AWESOME!
So sweet!
Your girls are such Artists! What a perfect day before back to school!
Post a Comment