Saturday, July 18, 2009

Mommy questions

Don't you just love those questions? Not! Actually, that's not entirely true. Sometimes I do like them. Especially when it is my little girls asking me questions about when they were little.

This morning, our 8 1/2 yr old, Kaylin, came up to me while I was cleaning up after breakfast with one of those questions.

Kaylin: "Mommy, what was I named after?".

Me: "Don't you remember the song?

Kaylin: "huh?"

Me: "OMGosh! Come sit down at the computer with me!

I told her that when I was pregnant with her, we found out we were having another girl. We were super excited, but had trouble thinking of a name. Her Goo Goo Xuan (Goo Goo means Auntie in Cantonese) had heard this song from Unwritten Law, called Cailin, and had us listen to it. We heard that the song was about a precious little girl that meant the world to her Daddy, and the rest is history. Thanks Goo Goo Xuan!

Here is the song (of course we changed the spelling of the name to our liking). We liked it better with a K, so K-A-Y-L-I-N it was.



What's sad is that for a second I couldn't remember the name of the group that sang the song. And I thought, what if I can't remember?? How horrible!
Then it came to me!

1 comments:

Sheree said...

how special!! aww, i wish i had those kinda stories for my kids - i just like their names and wouldn't veer from them. i love that song. and it fits her sweet kaylin!