Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas 2010

I feel like Christmas came and went faster than ever this year!

We had a yummy Thai inspired dinner at my sister, Andria's house for Christmas Eve. The kids decorated cookies for Santa and played hard until it was time to go home and get ready for bed.

They put on their matching Christmas jams and took the annual pic on the fireplace. They did their sister gift exchange earlier in the day. This year we tried doing a "Secret Santa" style gift exchange with them. They each drew a name and then made or bought small gifts to give throughout the month of December. Unfortunately, after the first exchange, they quickly found out who their Santa was. They continued with the giving, but when it was time to do one gift for the sister exchange, they opted to get a gift for each sister.

Cookies and milk for Santa. Carrots, celery, and water for his reindeer.


A special note from Kaylin to Santa.

A present for Santa from Emma.


A present for Santa from Payton.

The tree full of presents (the ones in bags are from Grandma). Dao picks her up every Christmas morning so she can eat breakfast and watch the kids open their gifts from Mom and Dad.

Kaylin opening her Harry Potter wand, and Em opening her Sounders Jersey. This is the only picture I took while they were opening our gifts!?!?! The following photos are all that I took for the entire day. I usually take a minimum of 100 picture on Christmas. Can you tell I wasn't feeling well?

The playroom was packed with presents and people!


Kaylin game Uncle Dan a Penguin made of Sculpey clay.

Goo Goo Xuan with her sophisticated ladies watch. :)


Auntie Andria wearing her new hat to keep her ears warm.


After Em opened her Sounders jersey, she requested Daddy put his on so that they could be twinsies/matchers.


No snow for Christmas, but it did snow a few days after. Haley stayed the night at her friends and Pay played out for a bit, but Em and Kaylin were out for a couple of hours and built this cute snowman.

I still can't believe that I hardly have any pics from Christmas!

2 comments:

Sheree said...

Wow!! It must be nice to have love come to you rather than pack up and go!! Do you think that'll be the same when the Goo Goos have babies?!

Unknown said...

Oh man! I missed you guys this year!!