Saturday, January 17, 2009

Never bite your sister!

She's smiling for this picture, but minutes before hand was another story....

I was upstairs in my room getting ready to take the girls to school and work my day in the co-op, when I heard a blood curling scream followed by feet shuffling across my wood floors like crazy. I ran down the stairs and half way down, my oldest daughter met me, saying "...she shouldn't have bit my arm...I didn't mean..., she's bleeding everywhere...". I followed the sobs to the downstairs bathroom where Kaylin was holding a mound of white tissue with red stains all over it.

I asked my oldest, Haley, again what happened and it turns out that she was in the bathroom, when Kaylin decided she wanted to go in to do her hair. Haley wouldn't let her in, so...apparently Kaylin decided to "playfully" bite her arm. When she did this, Haley pulled her arm away while at the same time, pulling out Kaylin's top front tooth!

Now, there was blood everywhere and she was hysterical, so when I finally got her to listen to me and calm down for a moment, I asked her if I could see her tooth (It was still in her mouth, sitting on her gums!). I explained that it was almost out, and she just needs to gently pull it off and she did it! We then had to stop the bleeding by biting on some tissue for a minute.
Once we pulled the tissue away, and the bleeding had stopped, she looked in the mirror and said "Hey, my tooth finally came out!" (this tooth was her first wiggly one, and has been loose for about 5 months!). She continued to smile and play with the huge gap in her mouth the rest of the morning.

In the car, on the way to school, it was pretty quiet. And then out of nowhere Kaylin says "You know Mom, I guess there is a reason you should never bite your sister.".

Lesson learned!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

That is such a good story. Kaylin will NEVER forget how she lost that tooth. I just love the new smile. I think that is one of my favorite things...toothless smiles!

Sheree said...

how funny! she will never forget that and what a brave mommy for not freaking out. i would've been a mess trying to figure out what happened!