Saturday, December 6, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Because family and turkey is what this holiday is all about.

I made these little marshmallow "Pilgrim Hats" for the kids. They didn't turn out as well as I had hoped but the kids loved them.
Dao, his Mom, sister B, and my sis Robin each working a burner. (Actually, I think his Mom was just watching over to make sure they were doing everything right.)
We ate a huge 24 pound Turkey, and had plenty of sides to go with it.
It is not unusual to find a Goo Goo (or two, or three) passed out on a couch or floor somewhere after eating at one of our family get togethers. In B's defense, she was coming down with a nasty virus and was not feeling well. And I really think that Linh may have a small form of Narcolepsy (lol!).
Goo Goo B (Goo Goo means Auntie in Chinese) and Rob brought the Rock Band game. It entertained the kids all night. They stayed until about 11:30pm and the kids were being so good and having so much fun, we let them stay up and play with them.

Thanks everyone for such a nice Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Sheree said...

i love the picture of the aunties sleeping after a good meal! :)

Sheree said...

ps the first shot of your family on the fire place would be perfect for a scrap page. :) i'm sure you thought of that already though.