Wednesday, September 24, 2008

No more crib!!

It's gone! Pay-Pay has moved out of the crib and into the "big girl" car bed. That's right we have given it away, it has not been taken down to store for the next baby! It has physically left the house for good. We have been giving away tons of baby clothes, toys, shoes and blankets, and for the most part (there are a few things I can't part with!), I have been okay with it, but the crib was hard to get rid of. Hard for me, not for her!

Her sisters decided to help "make" her bed and tuck her in. She actually loved the idea! They set it up like a fort, and I think it still gives her the security that the crib did. She slept all night, and at about 7:45am she opened her bedroom door and just stood there, shocked that she could just come out of bed on her own (after over 3 yrs of us coming in to get her). It's sad for Daddy and I though. Every morning we would hear her stirring and one of us (usually me) would knock gently on her door. She would say "who's dare?" and I would say "It's Mommy", she would then always say "Mommy come in". It was so sweet. Anyway, her face on that first morning of freedom was priceless. I sure wish I had my camera handy!

On a side note, her pull-up has been dry every single night and morning since she has been given the freedom to get up and go when she needs to. So....she has now gone 3 nights without a pull-up!

She is becoming such a "big girl"!

1 comments:

Sheree said...

awwwww, i dread the day when madi gives up her crib. or when i have to. you get to see some of the girls' old clothes on madi! :) but i know, it's not the same and the end of baby hood is a hard thing! i'm with you!