Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Cheap Labor

 I came downstairs after folding some laundry and saw this sign... (Translation: Emma is open for being a slave for a penny. I do what you want for one day. Me + you = happy face.)

Along with this basket underneath!

So you better believe I took advantage. After giggling to myself for a minute, I told Emma I had a penny and I was ready for her to be my "slave". I handed her a dust cloth and asked her to dust the stair banister. She looked at me and said "Oh, man! I forgot to say no chores!". I said "Sorry, you didn't say that on your poster.". I put the penny in the basket and off she went. =)

Apparently, there was a brief moment where Payton thought this was an amazing money making plan and asked to have her name added too (See the red that reads "and Payton"). Then when I put Emma to work and gave her the penny, Payton decided this wasn't the best career move (Notice the red that reads 6 and up? Emma quickly added that after Payton left the company.) so she opted out.

2 comments:

Sheree said...

this is why i love your kids. seriously. emma has one of the most creative personalities of any 6 (almost 7 year old) i've ever met. her games and art is always genius. :)

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! Aww I love Emma's creativeness. I smell a business woman in the making! Hope all is well with you guys. Did you receive placement letters yet? Give the girlies hugs and wish them a fun school year for me!
~Jeanice