Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Blogger...Why??

I must apologize for my absence in the blogging world. It is not for my lack of trying, I have sat down many, many times to blog our happenings, but Blogger has decided that it hates me! Actually, I think I had my pop-up blocker settings to high and it wasn't allowing my photos to upload. I finally was able to upload my pics tonight!

I'm gonna try to catch up in the blogging world (if blogger will let me).

The first week of Spring was a little busy for us. We decided to paint our family room (including the fireplace, pictures will come in the near future), our oldest was participating in the stage crew for the school play "Oliver!", I helped my bestie, Sheree with the auction she ran for our schools Children's theatre, and we battled colds in the midst of it all.


As I mentioned, Sheree chaired the auction and raffle for our children's theatre which was quite a job to take on! I offered to help her in any way possible and she was calm, cool, and had it all under control. All she needed was me to help put some baskets together and for someone to take care of her kiddies while she was at the events. The kids came over after school, and played hard on our trampoline for well over an hour! Even little Madi was out there bouncing around!


The kids were trying to play some Star Wars game on the trampoline, and they were all screaming out what character they wanted to be. My neighbors must love our trampoline, huh?

Haley and Isa (the G6's oldest) were at the play working hard, but the little siblings ate dinner and cuddled up to watch "The Pacifier" together and that was pretty much it for the night.

Here is Sheree's silent auction set-up. People came and bid on everything from gift certificates for massages and local businesses, to handmade purses and movie lover baskets.
My Mom, watched my kids for me Friday night and husband held it down on Saturday and Sunday so that I could help out at the auction (Thanks for your help, Mom!). The stage crew kids came out before and during the show's intermission to sell raffle tickets for $1 or $5. After 6 shows/performances Sheree's efforts brought our school's children's theatre over $4000!!! Way to go Sheree!

After the final performance, all of the families are invited to a party to celebrate everyone's hard work. Somehow, Kaylin suckered me into bringing her so that she could hang with her bestie, Isa. Her older sister was not happy about it. Kaylin has a year to go before she is eligible to perform and be involved in the theatre (it is for fourth through eighth grade only), so big sis feels like she should have to wait for her time to come.

I'm bummed that this picture didn't turn out. Haley is the one with the crazy white eyes. She and her friends danced the night away, so I didn't see her much during the party. (Be sure to read Sheree's post about that over on her blog.)

3 comments:

Sheree said...

i so appreciate you guys helping me out during all of this crazy play stuff. you totally came through for me with those baskets. you have mad skills. :) i can label like no other but putting together baskets was not my thing - so thank YOU!

isa was so happy kay was there and they had fun...i can see where miss haley is comin' from tho. ;P

they loved when we got out there, didn't they? :)

thanks again for your help! i so so so so so appreciated it.

Sheree said...

did you see little buttercups nominated you for a sunshine award!? CONGRATS!

Anonymous said...

uummmm, lol, looks like Sheree beat me to telling you the news. I've nominated you for a Sunshine Award, so when you get a chance stop on by and check it out!