Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Friendship Party

The Friendship party for our 1st and 3rd graders was a success. I tried to plan two crafts that I thought would be about 15 minutes each, but these kiddos love to color and take their crafty time very seriously, so some didn't get the crafts finished in time. :(

 I didn't get any pictures of the cool dragons that we made for Chinese New Year or the pretty heart's with clear acrylics and tissue paper that can hang on a window that were made for their Valentine's!

 In fact, I only remembered to pull out the camera after all the crafts were cleaned up, and the kids started going through their big bags of Valentine's!

No pictures of the yummy snack of marshmallow dip (this is a major crowd pleaser) with apples and string cheese on the side, either.

But, I'm glad that I did get a few pictures of the kids in. And the kids and parents did tell me that it was a good party, so that makes me happy. I came in the next day to help the kiddos that were not able to finish their crafts at the party. The kids were so appreciative of me and my help, and that makes me really happy because I am so very lucky to be able to spend time with this wonderful group of kids!

3 comments:

Sheree said...

you did a great job - party planning in a class that big is a HUGE - and you always pull it off so well. :)

chefamily said...

Awww...Thanks!

Sheree said...

well, it's true - :)