Wednesday, May 13, 2009

High Tea

Once a year, my Mom, sisters, and I get together for High Tea. This year, my Mom wanted to try this place that she had heard of in Redmond.The place was super cute, so we were excited to check it out! Here is the menu of Teas.
They started us off with this delicious fruit and sorbet treat. It was beautiful eye candy and tasted so yummy!

The food was a little different than most the places I have been to before. Usually there are sandwiches, this place had tiny pieces of round bread with a little spread on top. (Not my favorite)

This pic turned out kinda cool so I had to throw it in. I love the blurry and clear in one shot thing. If only the tea was blurry and the fruit was clear....I could have channeled my inner Pioneer Woman!

Apparently their server doesn't go on vacation much, because the person that finally (after 45 minutes)brought us our tea, informed us that she was very stressed because the server was not there.

We had made reservations, so they were expecting us, but they can also have people drop in for brunch, and a lot of people were "dropping in". Anyway, the service was sloooooowww, but the place was very clean.

Also, they only allow for one tea bag with their "High Tea" and the pot was super small. When the hot water was added to the pot, the tea was not strong enough for a second cup (it was like water, still). They said they had to charge me for another bag if I wanted more. This is the first time I have ever encountered that. Usually the tea is unlimited!

It was a nice place, but not sure if I would go there again.

P.S. This year we brought my good friend Heidi along, as she had never been to High Tea before. Heidi, I promise it is usually much more relaxing. I hope you will join me again!

1 comments:

Sheree said...

wow!! you'll have to take her to queen mary's for the ultimate experience with your girls or something. i love that place!! the place i went to in sumner is good-different but good. :) i wish i woulda remembered my camera. :(

it was good for you guys to have some time together and no better way than high tea!!